All Careers Start a New Search
Addiction Medicine Physician: Open Position
COME PRACTICE WITH US!
The Physician is responsible for the medical management of patient service in conjunction with the Program Director and the Medical Director. The Physician may designate duties and responsibilities to a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner within the boundaries of state and federal regulations and accreditation standards.
- Supervision of the Physician Assistant and/or Nurse Practitioner, if applicable
- Supervision of nursing staff in the absence of a Nurse Manager
- Ensure compliance with regulatory and accreditation standards
- Performs medical histories and physical exams
- Determines diagnosis and narcotic dependence
- Reviews and signs treatment plans
- Determines medication dosage and all changes in dosage
- Review and approve appropriate requests for take-home medication and treatment exceptions
- Discusses cases with the treatment team
- Issues verbal orders pertaining to patient care
- Assesses coexisting medical and psychiatric disorders
- Treats and/or makes appropriate referrals for the treatment of those disorders
- Monitor medication policies for compliance with Discovery House policy, state and federal regulations, and accreditation standards
- Review patient records upon admission and annually to determine appropriate level of care and continued treatment benefit
- Prescribe, review, and sign appropriate medication orders
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Doctoral degree in Medicine (MD or DO)
- Three years documented experience in the provision of services to persons who are addicted to alcohol or other drugs, including at least one year of experience in the treatment of narcotic addiction with a narcotic drug
- Certification in addiction medicine by the American Society of Addiction Medicine or a certificate of added qualifications in addiction psychiatry by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- State license to practice medicine
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong customer orientation
Connect with our Physician Recruitment Team Today!
Follow us on Linkedin!
Physicians: Please do not utilize outside physician recruitment firms. Question the recruiter by asking if they charge the facility a fee. Since physicians generate all of the revenue for their facilities it would take a physician about one and a half months or 460 encounters with patients to pay for the normal agency fee of $30,000.